6.21.2006

You and I/Analyse


I've never posted my own music on here, but since this isn't really mine per se, I'm making an exception today. As you might have gathered from my last post, I'm really into the new Thom Yorke album The Eraser. One of the tracks that I like the most is Analyse. But whenever I listen to it, I always hear melodies from Jeff Buckley's "You and I" – from Sketches for My Sweetheart, the Drunk – as vocal embellishments, even though the songs aren't really that similar. Or maybe they are... So the other night I decided to sit down and see if they would fit together the way I was hearing them in my head. And they did.

I'm working with a really low quality mp3 of Analyse, so the whole thing is a little lo-fi. Email me if you would like it in a higher-quality format.

Daniel Johnson – You and I/Analyse (Jeff Buckley and Thom Yorke)

6 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*swoon*

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god, that's beautiful.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger ablebody said...

not bad, friend. keep it up!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Really. You have very good imagination.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty cool! thanks :)

http://www.thesoulcharmer.com

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty cool ! thanks :)


http://www.thesoulcharmer.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home